Sunday, November 27, 2011

i like to pig out on...

when i think of it, i actually do have a comfort food that i love to eat. Peanut butter and jelly with a glass of milk is like the best thing ever. i can eat it almost every single day and i will never ever get tired of it. i know it's such a simple food, but that's what i love about it. whenever i'm feeling stressed about something, i start to crave some peanut butter and jelly; and of course, what's a pb&j without milk right? well for me, milk is a must when it comes to eating my pb&j sandwich. i refuse to eat it without milk, with the exception of Sunny D as a substitute. it just doesn't feel right or feel complete without milk. it's just one of my unusual habits i guess.

I'm not really sure why or how peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the milk on the side became my comfort food. i used to not like it. as a matter of fact, i used to find as peanut butter and jelly rather weird when i was first introduced to it. pb&j wasn't really a common thing in the philippines. we eat plain peanut butter sandwiches. jelly did not really exist and crunchy peanut butters did not come into existence to us. it was just plain old peanut butter sandwich. then one day, i was forced to try it because that was all there is to eat at lunch. i sort of did not like what was being served to us at lunch, so i chose to have pb&j for lunch instead. it was not really what i wanted for lunch, but i had no other choice. however, with just a bite, i was hooked on it; and from then on i started craving it. everytime i'm feeling depressed or stressed, i have to have some of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk on the side.

it's comfort food for me because first of all, it is very easy to make. i don't need to go out of my way and buy all these ridiculous amount of ingredients just to make it. all that's needed are bread, peanut butter, jelly, and milk. whenever i take a bite of the sandwich, i just start to calm down and helps me forget about the things i stress about or even my problems in life. usually, girls would eat ice cream when they're crying or depressed; but i eat pb&j with milk. i don't just eat pb&j whenever i'm stressed or feeling down, i actually it just out of nowhere. once my cravings for for food kicks in  when i'm at home doing particularly nothing, pb&j always comes to my mind first. of course, i don't always pick to eat since i have many other choices in my fridge such as pizza rolls. but not only is it good, but it's actually pretty healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment