Sunday, November 6, 2011

Where the WILD Things Are.

First of all, what is the exact definition of the word “wild”? The word wild means to live in a state of nature in which one is not tamed or domesticated. It could also mean uncultivated, uninhabited, uncivilized, or barbarous. The term “wild” can be taken in many various ways depending on how people perceive it as.

As for me, wild comes in two different meanings - there is that definition of being uncivilized and not being tamed like some sort of a wild animal or a person living in caves. And then I mostly view the word “wild” where someone is going crazy - or rather acting in a crazy manner. It just really depends on what situation we are talking about...but I am mostly leaning on the latter one.

Although with some little meditations, my true definition of “wild” comes alive. Somehow in my mind, I see people going crazy and are going out of control. When I say crazy and out of control, I don’t really mean people being all psycho and everything; what I mean is that I see people doing crazy things like partying, extreme stunts, etc. All the things that happens at a party is what I would consider wild especially if your young...like sex, drugs, alcohol. Perhaps alcohol and sex is a natural thing for humans and everybody goes through their “fun” stages in their life, when everything revolves around just having a good time, but when these three substances combines, people can be caught up into pretty wild situations. Such situations could be getting arrested for DUIs, violent acts when drunk, unexpected pregnancies, STDs, and obviously getting busted for doing drugs.

When i see the word “wild”, I also think of rebellious people who just really don’t care about anything at all. They do not give a care about the world and the thing that is happening around them unless it involves them. They’re pretty much the type of people who are most likely a trouble maker and ends up doing reckless, wild stunts that we would normally see on the news. Wild stunts could involve crimes like shootings, murder, kidnapping, etc. Or sometimes they are just stunts that would be regarded as complete stupidity and reckless - such an example would be performing a fancy, complicated bike trick and ending up inflicting an injury to oneself or trying to attempt a stunt that is impossible to do, yet still doing so regardless of all the hazardous warning that stunt brings to people.

In contrast of the negative things about the world “wild”, there are also situations in which it is not a negative factor. Being wild does not always necessarily have to be associated or labeled as bad thing. Have you ever heard of the saying, “...let your imaginations run wild..”? Well for me, it also gives me a sense of freedom where I can do anything without having to think about anything else; being able to do something without any limit whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment