Sunday, March 11, 2012

In My Room


My room is really just like any other typical teenager’s room. Posters and pictures of my favorite people -- from my favorite movies, singers, actors, to tennis players -- are plastered everywhere on my wall. As a matter of fact, every wall on my room has their own individual themes. I have a wall that basically serves as my tennis shrine with my favorite players’ pictures, my very first tennis racquet hanging on the wall, and basically all my recollected memories of my tennis team. I love the sport and I would probably consider myself a tennis addict. There’s also a wall dedicated solely for my friends, most especially my best friends. I hung all the pictures we took together -- some were years ago while others were taken recently -- as well as things that reminds me of certain memories between our friendships. Then behind my door are more pictures, but this time, they’re family pictures throughout the years. On another wall are things from different places I’ve been in such as California. I like to collect street signs or license plates that have the places’ names on it for me to paste on my walls. I have a bookshelf as well as a place where I keep my cameras and my video camera since I’ve always been fascinated with filming and photography. I also have various artwork plastered on my wall. Probably one of the most valuable belongings in my room is my iPod stereo for my music. Honestly, I wouldn’t describe my room as the typical girly girl type. It has more of a sporty, laid-back, calming ambiance to it.

When we were all little, my sister, brother and I would sleep in the same room on the same bed. Well originally, my sister and I would share a room while my brother had a room of his own. However, my little brother was too afraid to sleep by himself so he would sleep in our room every single night and sleep next to one of us. Though as we got older, we finally moved out and each of us had a room of our own. My brother eventually got rid of his fear of sleeping alone and was able to sleep in his own room with no trouble. But that doesn't mean my siblings and I got rid of our old ways. There would be times when we would have our little sleepover to each others room -- mainly my room because of the size of my bed -- because we felt like it or we just watched a horror movie. Personally, I don't really mind people sleeping in my room once in awhile, but I do enjoy my free alone, time and would most likely prefer to have a room all by myself.

I would exactly say that my room is all neat and tidy or that it resembles a dumpster. It's somewhat in the middle. While I do prefer to keep it clean, sometimes I can't help but make some mess especially with my clothes. Oh typical girl problems. Trust Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment