Thursday, March 15, 2012

Why Do the Good Die?

You know death to me is one of the biggest mysteries that intrigue me a lot. Even though it may be easy to comprehend the fact that a person is born, lives, and soon dies where they end up in a “much better place” than in the world we are living in; there are just so much questions that stems out of my mind whenever I hear the word “death”. Why does death come? Why do the good die? Where does one go after death? Where did grandpa go to? Will I ever meet my ancestors, those who have passed before me? Is there even an afterlife? Does heaven and hell even exist at all? Do we cross to a parallel universe? Or do we just wake up like it was all just a dream? This makes me ponder what death’s purpose.

Perhaps death really does have a purpose in life. I think it serves as a balance in life -- there are people being born while there are those who are dying. It acts as an equilibrium, nature’s own way of balancing the population of all those that inhabits earth. Imagine if death did not occur at all, the pain of losing would not exist, but the world we live in today would be overcrowded. Resources would be cut short, we would not have enough to satisfy everyone’s needs and this can eventually lead to a catastrophe. Another thing is that, I believe that everyone has a purpose in life, a reason as to why they are born. We all have some kind of a mission that we must do in life
and once we accomplish them, our time on earth is done -- no matter how good of
a person you were.


So what really happens after we die? As a Catholic, I have been exposed to the idea of Heaven and Hell. Of course, not everyone is a Catholic or is affiliated with a particular religion. Some may not even believe in Heaven and Hell. I do believe that there is some kind of “life” after death -- some kind of a Heaven and Hell.  But at the same time, I also think about reincarnation once in a while. I think that we are somewhat born again into another person or as if we have woken up from a very long dream and the cycle of living repeats itself. Perhaps we are given another mission to fulfill, but
this time, as another person. I really do believe that there is some kind of an afterlife that comes after death. However, the things that occur after death is still a huge mystery to everyone on earth. There is no definite depiction of what happens to a person after they encounter death. No one knows about it. It is like this whole confidential matter that no one is supposed to have knowledge of unless they are dead. The only way to find out is, really, by dying. The living world will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment