Sunday, October 30, 2011

Holy crap I'm a SENIOR!

As I get older and get further into my education, I have to admit that there is more of a challenge in each of my classes. Each one of my classes are getting much harder and the amount of work are much greater. However, this kind of challenge and work is somewhat an expected thing. It's just that, I didn't really expect this much work would be ahead of me.

Of all the upperclassmen I've met during my high school years, most of them said that my junior year would prove to be the most difficult one and the one that would count the most since most colleges will tend to look at my junior year the most because of all the hype with HSPA while my senior year will be more of a relaxing year where I don;t have to do as much work as I did the previous year. I believed them.

Now that I'm on my senior year, what I believed were all wrong. Senior year proved to be the toughest one out of all high school years. It required more work and stress. There are just piles of work on top of one another and the due dates does not help either. Most likely, the due dates of my assignments are right next to each other and it's just really hard to keep up. Every assignments are very time consuming, resulting less sleep for me and bringing massive amount of stress. Not only that, college essays and college applications have to be done perfectly in order to give me a sigh of relief and hope that I would be accepted into the school I want to go after high school. It's just really hard to balance things out especially when there are interruptions such as clubs, sports, events at school, and my social life...hey I'm a 17-year-old high school student, give me some slack on the social life part.

I can say that I spend a good amount of time on homework, depending on how hard it is or time I must spend on it. Most likely, I would pay greater attention to an assignment that requires more thinking like a project than simple problems from a workbook or worksheet. I would say that I spend at least 7-8 hours per night on homework, if I don't fall asleep all of a sudden. Most of the time, I try to pull an all-nighter or squeeze in at least 2-3 hours of sleep everyday if I'm lucky. It's been a long time since I last slept a good 7-9 hours.

I've definitely noticed a huge change in the amount of homework being assigned. Like I mentioned before, as I get further in my education, the more I see myself facing greater challenges. It just gets harder and harder every year. But perhaps the reason why there is a big change in the amount of homework is because we have advanced greatly as a society in terms of technology and knowledge. There are more things for us students to educationally cover.

I would be lying if I said that I don't learn anything when I'm doing my homework because I actually do. The things that sometimes don't understand in class, I tend to understand later on while doing my homework. When it comes to describing myself as a student, I think I'm in between those students who do homework right away as soon as they're assigned and procrastinating..I have to admit that I procrastinate a lot and I get distracted easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment