Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blog 9: Family Member Elected to Office

If I were given a chance to be able to elect someone from my family to serve for the government, I would pick my uncle. The position that I would choose to elect him in would be the position of at least a governor. Why? Well it is basically because he is a lawyer. Perhaps, that’s the biggest, yet not the only reason as to why I have chosen him, out of all my family members, to be elected into office. In addition, the reason as to why I chose my Uncle Mike was because he is very much familiar with politics and how it functions. Despite the fact that he is currently residing in the Philippines, he is still very much familiar with the American government and how it works, as well as the issues that they are faced with.

As a matter of fact, I can envision him being elected as the governor of New Jersey. I could just see my Uncle Mike bringing the economy of New Jersey in an upwards direction. With the fact that Governor Chris Christie is targeting the public schools by cutting the school’s budgets down, and cutting school teachers and their salaries, I think that’s an issue that my Uncle would be able to resolve since he values education very much. Moreover, my Uncle Mike also went to a business school before he went to pursue law school. Thus, he also has the mind and knowledge of a business man. He knows the little tweaks here and there about the business world. He would be also be able to offer benefits for everyone of us such as building new businesses that would only make the economy of the state of New Jersey a lot stronger than it is now.

To add to that, Uncle Mike has a good mindset, has good virtues, and principles that would not make him a corrupt politician. Corruption and my uncle does not mix well as he personally hates it. But when anyone takes the time to look at it, who finds corruption appealing anyways? He is not easily swayed by the temptation of having a lot of money, gaining more power, or anything that benefits him through the act of a corrupt politician. It is not in his nature at all. He would rather see his countrymen gain benefits before him, he loves to serve the people. Perhaps that is the reason as to why he is a lawyer in the first place. And speaking of people, my Uncle Mike is a people’s person. He is very charismatic towards the mass since he loves interacting woth people and love to hear their honest opinions o issues. He believes that by listening to them, you are able to learn many things about them and that you are able to improve not only things that needs improvements, but also be able to improve on yourself and how you will be able to handle matters. With these qualities, I believe that my Uncle Mike is eligible enough to be elected as a governor.

No comments:

Post a Comment