Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blog 12: Unlimited Travel - Anywhere and Everywhere

If someone was to give me a plane ticket for anywhere in the world and unlimited money for a good three months, I would most likely spend it on many things such as buying numerous souvenirs, traveling to different destinations in different countries. and eating loads of food that I have never tried before. Though at the same time, I would spend the money wisely.

I envision myself traveling around the world instead of staying in the same country, but I have always wanted to visit the countries in Europe and Asia the most. European and Asian cultures just fascinate me so much. It’s not that other cultures other than the two don’t fascinate me, but I have always been more interested at Europe and Asia as well as the culture behind it.  If I was in Europe, I would love to visit Spain, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, and Portugal; just to name a few. Europe itself is just very mind-boggling in my opinion just because of the rich history that surrounds the continent. I always enjoyed watching and learning about ancient times like the Greeks and Romans. I would love to be able to see all the famous landmarks like the Leaning Tower of Pisa or the Colosseum in Italy, the Eiffel Tower of France, visit the Buckingham Palace or the Stonehenge found in United Kingdom, visiting the sites of where the Greek empires once stood such as the site of the Battle of Thermopylae where 300 Spartans defended and died, and the infamous concentration camps in Germany. There’s just so many places that I would love to visit in Europe

My reasons for wanting to travel around Asia also shares the same reasons with my reasons for wanting to travel around Europe. I am very much fascinated with Asian culture because of the rich culture and all the traditions. Perhaps, it is also because I’m Asian myself or my “Asianess” kicking in, in which I find a certain connection whenever I’m talking or learning about anything Asian-related. The countries I would love to step foot on beside my home country, the Philippines, are South Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, just to name a few once more. Once again, I would definitely visit famous landmarks such as the Great Wall of China, check out the fast life and vibrant lights of Tokyo in Japan, travel in a boat in Bangkok through the waters of Thailand, etc.

In terms of a place to stay, I would probably stay in a luxurious hotel, just to see how it feels like to stay at a fancy hotel. However, I wouldn’t pour all the money into a fancy hotel. I am more concerned about spending my money on traveling to other places. Moreover, when it comes to food and trying new foods, I will most definitely willing to try new foods. I love exotic food so much, well not too exotic to be exact like cow eyeballs or something way out of this world. But most of the time I will try new food, it all depends whether my stomach can hold what I am eating and if it doesn’t gross me out, which is very rare to happen to me anyways. And to add to that, I am not a picky eater to start with. Also, who doesn’t love Asian food?! Thus, trying new food wouldn’t be a problem for me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment