Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blog 15: Time Machine

Time traveling is not a foreign topic for me. As a matter of fact, it has always been a constant thought of mine. If I was able to travel back to the past, choosing a particular time or era is something that would be pretty hard for me to do. There are many eras in the past that I would love to visit such as the ancient era of the Roman Empire, the Greek Empire, the Chinese Empire and ancient Egypt. I would definitely want to be able to live in the times of when Alexander the Great, Achilles, Hector of Troy, Augustus, Caesar, just to name a few, roamed the earth. And since I am Catholic, I want to be able to see how Jesus Christ lived and how he was crucified by Pontius Pilate. I want to witness the era where the Three Kingdoms ruled China. I would want to go back to the ancient times because that particular era, in my opinion, is just so interesting and it is just full of culture. Not only that, Hollywood generated movies about these empires and about the ancient world like Troy, Alexander, Gladiator, etc; made my interest in the ancient world grow even further. The things I would probably end up doing at those specific era is that I would explore and experience how life was during the ancient times. Experiencing how life is without all the advanced technology that I have surrounded me, without all the usual technology that I use every single day. I want to meet people from the past, interacting with them as if I was a part of that timeline. I also want to witness famous/infamous events like the Trojan War, the Persian War, etc. I also want to be able to watch gladiators fighting, even how horrid it may seem, in the humongous and famous Coliseum during the domination of the Roman Empire. Perhaps you could say that the movie Gladiator made me want to watch gladiator fights.

Traveling back to ancient times would be really cool, but it’s not the only era that I wish to visit if I was given a time machine or the power to travel back in time. I would not mind stopping by the 60’s, 70’s, and the 80’s. To me, these decades seemed so full of life and color. They’re just a happy-go-lucky generation in my opinion compared to the generation I live in now, where everything is just so fast-paced. And coming from my parent’s stories about those times especially in the 80’s, I would definitely love to take a visit. I am also in love with the fashion from those times even thought some are a bit questionable. But, hey, everything changes with time and so does our fashion sense. I probably would do everything that any teenager would do during those times especially since they don’t have anything to fill their boredom or they don’t revolve themselves around the Internet, any social networking sites, or a cellphone. Everything just seemed so laid-back and I’m pretty jealous of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment