Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blog 33!: What is Important to Me...


Of course, the final blog is always the hardest to write about. But I think this will probably be the most personal blog that I’ve written in a while. You definitely saved the best for last Mr. Mannion!

Coming to think of it, there are many things from a very early age that had stayed very valuable to my life and there are definitely those that I thought was important to me at that very moment. At this point in my life, I value every little thing that I have and I’m so thankful for what I have gained over the years. Now that I’m an adult and I’m about to start a whole chapter in a book that I’ve been writing over the years, I can say that I have never really fully seen the significance of the things that I have until now. I guess that just comes with age, right?

But anyways, there are many aspects in my life that definitely have huge significance in my life. The first one the popped up in my mind is my future. Also, I’ve never fully grasp the importance of planning ahead, envisioning my future until my senior year. I’ve always had big dreams, but I was also the type of person who hates plans. I was never the one who stressed about plans or having to plan about tomorrow and such. I’ve always been carefree, I worry about what’s happening now and not about what happened yesterday or what might happen tomorrow. I’ve lived my life just basically having to adapt to what life might potentially bring. However, I now know that having too much of a carefree life and not planning ahead isn’t always the best way to live life. I’ve learned the importance of my future and how to carefully plan for it.

Also, the most obvious aspect that holds a great importance in my life would have to be my family. They were there when I was born; they were there when I first learned how to walk, how to talk, how to read; they attended all my graduations (the Philippines have graduations for all grades – every year); they witnessed me grow and developed from a young girl to a woman. The have been with me and have supported me on from the very start. They are probably the greatest part of my life. Without them, I definitely won’t be who and where I am today. Words cannot describe just how much I am blessed and grateful for the family I have.

Most of those who are older than me, upperclassmen – back when I was just a small freshman – usually say that you’ll realize who your true friends are during your junior and senior year. That advice is most definitely true. Now that I’m in my final year of high school, with graduation day just around the corner, I look around and notice the people around me – they are either those I was friends with, those whom I’ve been friends with ever since, as well as those I became friends with recently. With the amount of growth – both physically and mentally – the friends that I have now are the ones that I would consider my true friends. They are my closest friends; they are the ones who have been,and still are, with me. Just like my family, they’ve seen me at my best, yet they never left my side even when they’ve seen me at my worst. Seeing how they’re still my friends and having the patience for me, even though there were times where I have disappointed them, I’m so thankful for having such great people surround me.

But then, many adults who are much older than me tells me often that the friends they have now are the ones they became friends with in college and that your high school friends will just remain in your high school memories. This makes me rather sad because of just how much I value the friends I have now. This only shows that I need to make the most of what I have now, never taking granted of the people that are in my life because I know that this advice will most likely come true, but I hope not all of the friends I hold dear with me right now won’t fade even after I have graduated from college. Perhaps, I’d be given a chance to reflect on this once again when college graduation comes. Although, that’s another chapter in my book that I have yet to write..

No comments:

Post a Comment