Saturday, October 15, 2011

Music is Universal.

If you were to ask me how important is music to my life my answer would probably be this: Words cannot describe how important music is to my life. It’s everything to me and perhaps most of my life revolve around it. It’s quite ignorant of those who consider music as a background noise. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who could possibly hate music. To me, music brings different feeling and mood to my life. It may sound kind of cliche, but music gives color to my life. in a way, music let’s me connect to my inner soul...something deep within me.

Music brings this whole emotion into my life. There are times where it may seem that my world has fallen and I have hit rock bottom, in which I feel like there is no one who I can confide to. I tend to put on my own music and somehow, just hearing the melodies and the lyrics always makes me feel a lot better than before. I don’t know how I would survive without music. Everywhere I go, my ipod has to go with me. I can’t go anywhere without my ipod in my purse. If I were given a choice to choose between my phone and my ipod, I think I would end up choosing my ipod in the end. And whenever I would go on road-trips, I wouldn’t be able to last an hour without my songs...of course, there’s always the radio, but the songs can get repetitive and I always end up hating the songs that are constantly being played on the radio. I prefer my own music.

Music is important to me because...well, would it be easy enough to understand how important music is to me if I say I’m just a natural music lover? I think that says it all right?

Music tends to stir something inside me almost all the time I hear a tune; whether it may be a fun-loving track that would make me want to stand up and dance, a catchy tune that makes me want to sing along, or just simply a mellow song that will make want to lie on the ground and think about deep things. Somehow, it never fails to thrill me inside.

The types of music that gives me inspirations are the types that has can connect to my own personal experiences, the kinds that leaves me thinking and wondering. Meanwhile, there are those kind of songs that leaves me cold such as sad music, Though, I prefer mellow songs over hyped up, upbeat tunes; mellow songs makes me cold...but I guess that’s the reason why sad songs are called “sad”.

Music is universal. That is my motto when it comes to music. I don’t really pay discriminate music by their genres or languages. If I happen to like a song that is in a different genre than what I normally listen to, or it’s in a different language; I will listen to it. If I like a song, I like. PERIOD. If you were to take a glance of my playlists on my ipod, you would notice that it is a mixture of different genres of music: from hip-hop/rap, techno, pop, rock, electronic, house, and of course indie. You would also notice that there are some songs that are in different languages such as English, Spanish, Filipino, Korean, Japanese, French, Italian, etc. I just love music and I don’t stick to one particular type of music. Sure, I prefer a certain genre of music over another (I’m mostly an Indie lover) but I like to go out of my Indie circle and find other good music. Just as long the songs contains some meaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment