Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hotwheels.

There are many things that I notice about other drivers whether I’m sitting in the car as a passenger or it's me sitting on the driver’s seat - or even just watching people drive in front of my house while I sit on my front porch. The things I notice about people driving cars depends on many variables such as their facial expressions while driving. That’s probably the most obvious thing as well as the first thing i notice about other drivers. Facial expressions can give you so much things about a driver - it can tell you if they’re pissed off or happy, if they’re tired or wide awake; but sometimes you just can’t tell at all. I also notice the outfit that they’re wearing, somehow I can tell whether or not they are going somewhere very important; perhaps going to work or even just driving to the nearest store to do some errands. I know it’s pretty weird how I tend to notice these things...

Believe it or not, there are some real differences between drivers. It may seem as if there are not any differences at all, but there are...even in the smallest possible way. We all drive differently and have different habits when we drive. There are those who drive like maniacs, as if they’re a bunch of animals that have been just released from a cage running around after being locked up for a very long time. I tend to call those drivers a-holes...perhaps I shouldn’t use such profanity in an English assignment, so let’s just call them jerks. And yet, there are those who are safe, cautious drivers. Oh and let us not forget those drivers that driver very slowly, which is kind of irritating most of the time especially when you are in a hurry.

As a driver my self, I have seen other drivers do crazy and dangerous things. And no lie, I have done some crazy things while driving; however, I haven’t had the guts to do some extremely dangerous things like racing on the road at midnight. There are those who are driving while intoxicated or are under illegal substances (this is what I would call stupidity in my opinion).  I’ve seen people do that before and I refuse to do the same. Like what I was saying, I have done some crazy things. But I like to call them bad habits. One of the things I do plenty of times, and I know I’m not the only one, is texting or talking on the phone while driving. Temptation kills...and not answering the phone when someone is calling or when you’ve just received a message, it’s pretty tempting. But I think I’ve gotten better with such temptations as time passes by.

You could see into a person’s personality by just the way they drive; of course, it may not tell you many things, but there are things that you can pick out from just the way a person drives. An example would be a driver who speed drives on a sub-divisional road (going 45 mph on a 25mph) while his engine roars by. I can tell that that person loves to show off in front of people and thinks that he’s a big shot.

Just as you may though that you already know a person well by just watching them drive; the next thing you know, your judgement has deceived you. There are definitely those drivers that act totally different when they’re behind the wheel and when they’re not. The jerk that cut you while driving might turn out to be the nicest person you have ever met. You can’t fully judge a person and their personalities by just the way they drive.

So far, I have been fortunate enough to not be involved in a car accident...and let’s just hope that it stays that way for the rest of my driving career.

Obviously, I’d want to be the type of driver that never gets into car accidents and is a defensive driver. Someone who can react quickly when something goes wrong on the road. I’ve had my few shares of close calls and thank god for my fast reactions. The models that I’d want to follow would be my dad because he’s a very cautious driver especially when he knows that his family is in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment