Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hello?...Are You There?

Over time, the world has advanced greatly - both socially and technology. I can't even put into words how huge technology is in  many people's lives and how it helps connect people all together. It would
be rather hard for us to do our everyday chores and live in a certain comfort. One of the biggest technological advancement humans have made was the invention of the cellphone. The cellphone is one of the reasons, along with computers and the internet, as to why the world is so closely connected with one another. It would be quite difficult if we were to live without it...even just thinking how the world would work if the cellphone was never invented at all. Of course, I am not implying that we should revolve our whole world into such a small device that would be replaced every now and then for a much newer and slicker device. And once again, it is only a phone after all. Some of us may keep a phone in their pockets all the time: every hour, every minute, every second of the day. They are constantly on it whether it may be talking, texting, or video chatting through it - even to the extend where they are talking to their friends through it when they're right next to each other. Meanwhile, some can function normally without having it by them at, well...not with them all the time. They don't go crazy if it's not in their hands.

As for me, I would say I'm right in the middle of these two spectrums. I can function fine and normally as a normal human being without it. I get to do things without it. Sometimes, I prefer not having it near me because I get to take a breather from everything and from the fast way of society. If I have a problem, I choose to turn off my phone and focus on something different. There's always a time in my day where don't have my phone with me at all and I'm fine without it.

If phones were never invented or if the entire phone network collapsed for sic months, I don't think I would be able to do things the way I normally would do them such as do my homework - yes it's possible -, go online, and be updated to what's new. It would be very hard to connect through other people and meet new people. Cellphone has always provided us humans with such things. And to wonder how life would be like without it, is quite unimaginable. 

Although, there is also a positive thing about it never being invented or having the phone network collapse for six months. Gossips and bullying would cease to exist. We would have more time for things and would be able to see things differently in ways that we would have never thought we would be able to see when we had our eyes locked into our phone screens the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment